- Information we collect automatically: We collect some information automatically when you visit our websites. This is non-personally identifiable information, and we generally only use it for administrative purposes. We may sometimes use automatically collected data in conjunction with other data we have about you, including personally identifiable information you have voluntarily provided us, to help facilitate our advocacy and fundraising efforts.
- Cookies and clear GIFs: Cookies and clear GIFs are technologies that allow websites to track certain usage information and remember users when they return to a website. This section describes these technologies and how we use them.
- Email newsletters and other lists: If you wish to receive some or all of our newsletters, you may provide us with your email address.
- Our blogs: If you wish to leave comments about posts on our blogs, we first require you to register and provide personally identifiable information to help prevent spam and other abuse.
- Online donations: Certain personally identifiable information is required to process online donations. We are also happy to accept fully anonymous donations by U.S. Mail.
- Social networking: Social networking can be a powerful tool, but it is important to educate yourself about the privacy practices of each social network in which you participate.
- Other interactive services: We may provide other interactive services as well. If you ever have a question not answered by this Policy, please feel free to contact us.
- Special note regarding interactive services: Any communications you submit or post to a blog, message board, social networking site, or other interactive feature may be viewable by other participants or users of the service. Therefore, you should understand that you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in the content you submit to such interactive features, whether or not it contains personally identifiable information about you.
- Security: Maintaining the security of information about our constituents is a priority for us.
Last updated: March 23, 2018
By submitting a story, you indicate that, of your own free will, you agree that you are granting Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity, its agents, employees, and assigns, an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, unconditional, gratis license and the right to edit, modify, adapt, distribute, post, publish, broadcast, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publicly display, exhibit, and or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used) the story, in whole or in part (in each case, as submitted or as edited/modified in any way by Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity, in its sole discretion) in any way, and may use it in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without attribution, compensation, permission or notification to you, your successors or assigns, or any other entity, and without notice, review, or approval from you or any other party. Furthermore, although Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity is not under any legal or contractual obligation to do so, Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity reserves the right to review and/or edit any and all story elements deemed by Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity, in its sole discretion, to be prohibited, inappropriate, offensive, infringing or otherwise unacceptable.
You warrant and represent that your submission does not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, nor does it infringe on another’s copyright or trademark rights.
You represent and warrant that you are not knowingly hiding or falsifying your proper legal identity, submitting untrue, false, or otherwise misleading materials, or otherwise engaging in deceptive or misleading actions with regards to your participation.
You acknowledge that you will receive no monetary payments for your submission or participation.
- Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity’s Proprietary Rights and Re-Use Policy. General License. You may copy, reprint, publish, reproduce, or otherwise display materials (excluding AP photos and cartoons) from Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity on the condition that you attribute those materials to Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity and provide a link to the website of Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity (www.mieconomicprosperity.org). Specifically, any article or materials that you reprint or otherwise reproduce must be displayed with its by-line, if applicable, under one of the following headings: “This material [article] was first published by Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity” (online) “This material [article] was first published by Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity (www.mieconomicprosperity.org)”. Copyright Protection. The materials produced by or for Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity (including, but not limited to text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content) are protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, content and other elements comprising this compilation and produced by Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity are also copyrighted works. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any materials produced by Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity. Limit on Use. Except as expressly permitted above, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any material produced by or for Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity. Editorial Changes Not Permitted. You may not make any editorial changes to articles or materials without first receiving express permission from Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity editorial staff or the author, as applicable. This provision does not restrict excerpting portions of content in a manner that does not alter the editorial intent. Revocation in Place of Breach. If any of the terms of this agreement are breached, Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity reserves the right to withdraw your license to republish our material. In this situation, you must take immediate steps to remove our material from all current and past communications.
- Information Available on or Through www.mieconomicprosperity.org. Much information made available on or through www.mieconomicprosperity.org is provided by third parties such as news services, bloggers, and internet users. The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content on www.mieconomicprosperity.org does not indicate any approval or endorsement by Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity of such Third-Party Content, or of any opinion, advice, or other information made or displayed on www.mieconomicprosperity.org by any user or other third party. Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity does not affirm the veracity of this information and is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.
- Links. www.mieconomicprosperity.org provides links to other websites and resources. Because Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources, or for the availability of such external sites or resources. Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity is providing these links to you only as a convenience. Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity shall have the right, but not the obligation, at any time and in its sole discretion, to block links from or to www.mieconomicprosperity.org through technological or other means, without prior notice.
- Access By Minors. www.mieconomicprosperity.org is intended for visitors aged 18 and up. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors.
- Jurisdictional Issues. www.mieconomicprosperity.org is controlled and operated by Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity from its principal office in the District of Columbia,U.S.A., and is not intended to subject Michigan Families for Economic Prosperity to the laws or jurisdiction of any other state, country or territory. Those who choose to access www.mieconomicprosperity.org do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Limitation of Liability. NEITHER MICHIGAN FAMILIES FOR ECONOMIC PROSPERITY NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR CONSULTANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO MIECONOMICPROSPERITY.ORG AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON MIECONOMICPROSPERITY.ORG, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH MIECONOMICPROSPERITY.ORG. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH BLOGS, CONTENT, SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF IT.